Dear molecular fife sciences educators, trainers and researchers,
We are excited to announce the first-ever Molecular Life Sciences Education and Training Conference in Europe, on March 20-23, 2024, organized by FEBS. This three-day event will be held in Antalya, Türkiye, and will bring together senior and junior scientists from all over the world to share their expertise and learn from each other.
The conference will feature a variety of activities, including but not limited to:
- plenary talks: groundbreaking discussions led by distinguished plenary speakers
- hands-on workshops: because the best learning happens when you're elbows-deep in the action!
- meet the expert: dedicated to bolstering both faculty development and the soft skills training of our next-gen scientists
- certification opportunities: elevate your CV and LinkedIn profile! Yes, we're making both your brain and resume look greater! These certifications will demonstrate your commitment to excellence in molecular life sciences education and training
- poster and oral presentations: because we want to learn about your journey as well!
- networking opportunities: build bonds stronger than hydrogen bonds! Forge valuable connections, engage in spirited discussions, and collaboratively envision the future of molecular life sciences education
- light-hearted learning: expect more than a few chuckles as we weave humor into education. After all, a laughing brain is a learning brain!
Structure and Program
The conference has been organized by the FEBS Education Committee and collaborators around three pillars: Educate, Innovate, and Empower. A detailed program is available on the event website, but the following main themes will be covered:
- Current Challenges in Education
- Digital Transformation in Education
- Pedagogical Innovations
- Soft Skills Training
- Career Development
- Accessible, Inclusive and Diverse Learning Environments
- Educational Growth, Collaborative Research and Networking
Call for abstracts
We invite you to submit your abstracts focusing on your latest educational research, cases or reports, innovative teaching methodologies, and success stories in molecular life sciences education. Abstracts can be for short presentations and/or poster sessions and all submitted abstracts will be included in the abstract list that will be available through the conference app. Visit the Abstracts section of the event website for a list of abstract topics and guidelines for abstract submission.
To enable participation, the FEBS Education Committee will provide different categories of bursaries (for PhD students and young educators, senior educators and FEBS Education Ambassadors) for this event. More details are available on the event website.
Image by the organizers of the Molecular Life Sciences Education and Training Conference