LS2 ANNUAL MEETING 2019
Dear friends and colleagues! It is our pleasure to invite you to the LS2 Annual Meeting 2019 with the topic "Cell Biology from Tissue to Nucleus", held on February 14-15, 2019 at the Irchel Campus of the University of Zurich. The LS2 Annual Meeting brings together scientists from all nations and backgrounds to explore the large spectrum united under the umbrella of Life Sciences. Registration deadlines: 30 November 2018 with abstract / 20 December 2018 for general registration
What we offer:
- A scientific program with more than 20 (inter)nationally renowned speakers over two days plus 20+ selected young speakers from abstracts
- 4 international plenary lectures: Anna Akhmanova, Utrecht University (NL); Anne Bertolotti, Cambridge (UK); Jody Rosenblatt, University of Utah (US); Leonie Ringrose, Berlin (DE)
7 scientific symposia:
3-D Proteomics - Live-cell imaging approaches in Cell Biology - Regeneration and pathology of skeletal muscle - Chromatin, epigenetics and the transmission of acquired states across generation - Bacterial Cell Biology - Chemical Biology & Drug Development - Sweet molecules in inflammation and cancer: Novel insights and therapeutic options offered by glycosciences
Public Panel discussion: "Is merit (gender) biased? Advancement in academia."
Chair: Gerlind Wallon (EMBO Deputy Director & Program Manager)
- Career Lunch Session by Career Services at the University of Zurich
- The popular Postdoc contest "PIs of Tomorrow" where the best future projects from diverse disciplines are being showcased.
- Two dedicated poster sessions with 150+ posters presented by promising young scientists who can enter the competition for various poster prizes
- A large industry exhibition with 30+ industry partners
- As every year, the winner of the Friedrich-Miescher Award and the Lelio Orci Award will be honored in a special ceremony
Registration is opened on: www.annual-meeting.ls2.ch
We do not only offer an informative session on opportunities in and outside the academic world, but also offer the first 20 to register 50 CHF to support their registration fee and travels to the meeting!
...can meet their peers at the poster and Apéro session and win one of the prestigious poster prizes (worth up to 500 CHF). In addition to the poster sessions, long and flash talks selected from abstracts will be embedded in the scientific symposia.
Apply for the "PIs of Tomorrow" session until November 1, 2018 if your planning to pursue an academic career!