This year the congresses of IUBMB, FEBS and PABMB are being held as a joint event – 'The Biochemistry Global Summit' – hosted by the Portuguese Biochemical Society in Lisbon, 9–14 July 2022. The event will be a great opportunity to be updated with recent discoveries and trends across the field of biomolecular sciences, through plenary lectures from distinguished researchers, symposia on important focused research areas, sessions on science-related educational and social topics, and an exhibition from industry. There are also opportunities to present your work as a poster or short talk.
The 10th March 2022 is a key date in the build up to the event. Submit your abstract by this date for consideration for short talks, certain support schemes and inclusion in the FEBS Open Bio Congress supplement.
Why submit an abstract?
- Poster presentations often report some of the most up-to-date research at the event and are a very useful aid for networking and discussing findings with others interested in the same questions or approaches. Posters will be presented in dedicated sessions, and poster prizes will be awarded by FEBS Press.
- Oral presentation slots at the Congress for selected researchers submitting abstracts to the event provide a great opportunity for individuals to present their work to a wide international audience, gain experience giving talks, and earn recognition for their research progress.
- Abstracts submitted by March 10, 2022 and accepted to the event will be collated in a Congress supplement of FEBS Open Bio.
- Support schemes for early-career scientists submitting abstracts to the event include IUBMB bursaries and FEBS bursaries.
- You can submit an 'Education' abstract (on teaching, learning and related issues) as well as a Research abstract, from the same registration.
For more information on submitting abstracts, see the Call for Abstracts page on the Congress website.